Friday, January 23, 2004

julie's trivial traumatic experience of the day

this morning on my way out the door for work, i put on my beloved gold/tan zip hoodie.

some hoodie history:
was purchased the summer of 2001, almost three years ago.
this hoodie has been single handedly the greatest cut of cloth i own.
its color went with EVERYthing, layered well, dressed up, dressed down.
there is no hestitation in saying its my favorite. my favorite everything.
i love this hoodie.

and on my way out the door, i went to zip it up (its how she likes to be worn), and fwoop! the zipper head came flying off as the end of the zipper, from loving wear and tear, had frayed itself off.
i actually stood in shock, i couldn't scream, i couldn't cry, everything just stopped. it was awful. i didn't know what to do.

No comments: